top of page
St George’s Church, Kemptown, Brighton Parish Policy on the Safeguarding of Adults in the Church
This statement was adopted by the Parish of St George with St Anne and St Mark at a PCC meeting on 18th March 2019
This policy will be reviewed annually by the PCC and a report given to the Annual Parochial Church Meeting by the parish representative in order that the policy might be monitored.
1. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual, institutional and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable, including the request for a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance when required, to be processed by our parish CCPAS Lead Recruiter.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints: Matthew Ryan
ADDRESS: c/o St George’s Church, St George’s Road, Brighton, BN2 1ED
Parish Office telephone number: 01273 279448
to represent the concerns and views of vulnerable people at our meetings and outside bodies.
Our CCPAS Lead Recruiter is: Matthew Ryan
Incumbent Rev Dr Andrew Manson-Brailsford
Churchwarden Sue Clough Churchwarden Matthew Ryan
DATED: 18th March 2019
bottom of page